Wow! More than 180 games devs and transmedia enthusiastics came along to last night’s gathering we like to call Tim
What a fabulous night – we’d love to get your feedback in comments to this post, and a big welcome and thanks for coming along to all the new igdammers.
HUGE props to Jarrad and Karl for giving up their time and sharing their expertise and insights into creative processes. Also thanks to the lovely Christy Dena for giving us the opportunity to mash it up and the State Library of Victoria for allowing us to have the biggest and most AV fault free event ever!
I mentioned a few things, and forgot to mention a few others in all the excitement:
What I remembered:
- Firemint (http://firemint NULL.com/work-with-firemint/)are still on the hunt for talent – particularly, and right now, QA Testers
- Big Ant Studios (http://www NULL.bigant NULL.com/jobs/view/gameplay-programmer-22/) are advertising for a gameplay programmer
- Library Hack is going on – could win 6 grand and have fun with datasets!
- FimVic has some sweet plans for encouraging creative independent processes, and getting the chance to travel to London as part of the idea sharing – (more on this soon)
- WinnitronAU (http://www NULL.redpointsoftware NULL.com NULL.au/) is ocming along – you should put your game on it!
What I forgot to mention:
- Next month’s plans…for the full details you’ll just have to wait a bit – it’s teaser time:
There’s this amazing bunch of blokes called fondly known as Tin Man Games, (http://tinmangames NULL.com NULL.au/blog/) they make these sensational GameBook Adventures and somewhat of a doyenne of indies locally.
Well… they’re going to lift the tin lid on their financials – so if you want to know a bit more on the business side of what some call indie, some call prindie then this will also be a don’t miss event….and that’s not all (but it’s already a long teaser so I’ll save the rest for later)
Facebook event coming soon – please do reply there if you can as it really assists working out how many are coming along and who will fit!
Again, feel free to offer feedback on and igdam events, either comment here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for coming