IGDAMJam@LaTrobe – what you need to know
I thought I’d share a list with you
Firstly, make sure you’re registered – jammers need Eventbrite registrations, friends of IGDAM need to have let giselle@igdamelbourne they’re coming along. If you’re not registered, you can’t jam.
- Make sure you’re registered – jammers need Eventbrite registrations, friends of IGDAM need to have let giselle@igdamelbourne they’re coming along
- Ideally you arrive around 3pm on Friday 27 January at Beth Gleeson Building, La Trobe University, Bundoora, 3086 (http://maps NULL.google NULL.com NULL.au/maps?q=la+trobe+university,+bundoora&hl=en&ll=-37 NULL.703652,145 NULL.048714&spn=0 NULL.073205,0 NULL.154324&sll=-25 NULL.335448,135 NULL.745076&sspn=42 NULL.067662,79 NULL.013672&vpsrc=0&hq=la+trobe+university,&hnear=Bundoora+Victoria&t=m&z=13&iwloc=A). If you can’t make it that time, don’t stress, get along as soon as you can, we’ve got all weekend, but heres the basics for Friday:
- Free parking is in car parks 1 and 2 in the WHITE bays only (please try to car pool where possible)
- Car park 2 is closest
- If you’re going by public transport, plan your journey with metlink (http://metlinkmelbourne NULL.com NULL.au/), closest transport is the Plenty Road tram and Macleod Station on the Hurstbridge line
What to bring
“Pack like you’re camping” – Caswal P
Things to remember:
Hardware/software – whatever geekery you need and have licence for. NO additional screens (besides laptops) allowed.
A swag – something to soften the floor and keep you warm – the sleeping quarters are COLD
Pillow and sleeping bag or the like
Towel – NEVER forget your towel – there will be showers available during daylight hours in the Union Building and it’s a great chance to stretch your legs
Soap/toothpaste/toothbrush/deodorant. Hairbrush is optional, the rest aren’t
Change of clothes – there’s more than 100 of us living communally for the weekend, be kind to your fellow jammers
Any favourite foods/drinks. You will be well catered for, but we can’t cater for everyone’s foibles.
EAR PLUGS for the light sleepers (trust me on this).Your favourite toy.
A CUP/MUG for tea/coffee, preferably a spill-proof travel mug.
And a sense of creativity, an ability to roll your sleeves up to work as a team and make something wonderful.
Check out Rebecca’s advice on what to bring when jamming too (http://www NULL.convictinteractive NULL.com/?p=226), she’s got some top tips.
What’s happening when?
- 2:30-3:45pm Registration at Beth Gleeson Building
All jammers and guests must be signed in on site, so look for Giselle, Tom Killen, Fiona Murray, Obe Bradford, David May or James Rhodes to register your arrival. Late arrivals are accepted as long as they’re registered, but sooner is better.
- 4:00pm Welcome talks and discussion panel in West Lecture Theatre 3
- 5:00pm THE THEME REVEAL – West Lecture Theatre 3
- 5:30pm Team forming and brainstorming
- 6:00pm Back to the lecture theatre for elevator pitch and finalising teams
- 7:15pm Dinner – Pizza and Gelato outside the Beth Gleeson Building
- 8:00 – all going to plan it’s jamtime
3:00pm: ALL GAMES MUST BE REGISTERED AT HTTP://GLOBALGAMEJAM.ORG
3:00pm: ALL GAMES MUST BE UPLOADING BY THIS TIME
4:00pm: Taste test time
5:00pm: clean up time
6:00pm: Head to the Eagle Bar, Union Building for a well earned drink, BBQ and awards presentations.
All media and games sector enquiries about visiting the event should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
See you at the jam